SARAWAK FULLY RECOVERS FROM FLOODS
KUCHING, Feb 22 (Bernama) -- Sarawak has fully recovered from floods with the only temporary relief centre (PPS) in operation, namely Masjid Darul Istiqlaal near here, closed around noon today.
The Sarawak State Disaster Management Committee (JPBN) said in a statement that the relief centre was closed at 12.30 pm.
“The PPS had been operating since yesterday following flooding in the Mampung Sungai Maong area. All 65 victims from 18 families have been allowed to return home,” the statement said.
Last Wednesday, the Malaysian Meteorological Department forecast continued wet weather in Sabah and Sarawak throughout the week, with rain expected in several areas due to a monsoon surge entering the region.
-- BERNAMA
